BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification was first released with the new BSB Business Services Training Package on 25 March 2015.
It’s a new qualification and is intended to replace BSB51107 Diploma of Management – although it is not equivalent.
Where BSB51107 only required 8 units to be completed, BSB51915 requires 12, made up of 4 core and 8 electives. There are 2 electives groups: Group A which requires a minimum of 4 electives to be selected and Group B which can make up the balance. Alternatively, the last 2 electives can be selected from any Diploma unit in the BSB Training Package. You can also select one elective from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level.
Several of the units are stated as equivalent to units from BSB07. However, the changes to the Training Package format require a complete re-mapping and review of existing resources. You will find that Performance Evidence in the new unit does not match the previous Critical Aspects of Evidence. Similarly, the Knowledge Evidence is worded differently. Two of the core units are new with no equivalent.
I have now completed the development of the following units of competency for BSB51915.
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management – Units Developed
- 1. BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- 2. BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- 3. BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- 4. BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
Group A Units
- 5. BSBLDR503 Communicate with Influence (New Unit)
- 6. BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- 7. BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- 8. BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- 9. BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- 10. BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- 11. BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- 12. BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- 13. BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
Group B Unit
- 14. BSBADM502 Manage meetings
Price per unit:
> Learning and assessment pathway resources $425 plus GST
> RPL resources $150 plus GST
> Complete package $500 plus GST
Also included: A free Learning Guide and PowerPoint Legislative Requirements that Relate to Business Operations
** All documents are in Word format and can be edited, badged and contextualised by you. The PowerPoint is also editable.
** The assessment tasks are fully mapped with a Mapping Summary located at the end of the Trainer/Assessor Guide and the Assessment Task Workbook.
** All assessments are thoroughly benchmarked with clear guidance for the assessor so as to ensure compliance with the Principle of Reliability.