TAE50116 – TAE50216
TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
As at July 2017, my resources have been used by 3 RTOs who have been successful in their applications for scope for TAE50116.
The first was International Teacher Training Academy (ITTA) back in March 2016 and I am now also working as a trainer/assessor for ITTA due to the high demand for the Diploma.
I think the high demand is for two reasons: firstly the requirement to hold the Diploma in order to deliver and assess TAE40116, but secondly a realisation that the requirements of TAE50116 are not likely to chop and change so much as those of the TAE Cert IV. In fact, if you hold TAE50110, then most of the units are a credit transfer (provided you can also demonstrate currency).
Your RTO may choose to apply for scope for RPL only in relation to TAE50116. This qualification is ideal for RPL, since there’s no way you will be able to provide the evidence unless you are a lead trainer/assessor in an RTO. If you do decide to apply for RPL only – watch the trap about gap training. If you provide RPL with gap training you also need to submit learning and assessment pathway resources to demonstrate how you will do the gap training.
Current TAE50116 and TAE50216 resources available, including RPL tools:
• TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice
• TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
• TAEDEL502 Provide advanced facilitation practice
• TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
• TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language literacy and numeracy skills
• TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
• TAEASS503 Lead assessment validation processes
• TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
• TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
• TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
* Price for learning and assessment pathway resources $425 plus GST per unit
* Price for RPL tools only $150 plus GST per unit
* Price for full set $500 plus GST per unit
(This is a one-off price – not an annual fee)
** All documents are in Word format and can be edited, badged and contextualised by you. The PowerPoint is also editable.